Our clients rely on us as their trusted business counsel on all of their business decisions.
Business Entity Formation Planning
Forming your business entity is not and should not be a one-size-fits-all solution. If you want one, you could have used a document drafting service or online legal document website.
Before we form your entity, we get to know you, your business and wealth creation goals, what’s important to you, what your business is going to do in the world and what your exit strategy is. By understanding your situation, we then can adequately advise you on the tax structure of your entity, how you own the entity and how your personal assets will be protected in case of a dispute or risk taking place. Additionally, we can also guide you on how to pass on your business to your heirs or a new owner.
During our Business Growth Strategy Session, you will learn with confidence and be able to make informed decisions about:
- Where to form your entity (Texas, Nevada, Delaware, Wyoming are all possible options);
- What type of entity to form (LLC, Series LLC, S-Corporation, LLC taxed as an S-Corporation, C-Corporation, partnership are the most likely options we will consider);
- How to set up your personal & business bank accounts;
- How much and what type of insurance you need;
- Which corporate documents and agreements you need immediately (and which can wait);
- Which intellectual property to protect (and whether to own it in a separate entity from your operating assets);
- How to work with your CPA and financial planner for maximum tax savings, asset protection, retirement planning, and more…
A Life-Long Trusted Business Counsel After Your Business Entity Formation
We see the formation of your business entity as just the beginning of a long-term relationship in which we are able to become your trusted counsel you count on for help and guidance with all of your business decisions.
Think about it this way – Warren Buffet doesn’t just turn to Charlie Munger (his personal business lawyer) for help incorporating his business entities. He relies on Mr. Munger as his trusted business counsel to advise him before entering into any business deal that will impact the bottom line. That is the type of relationship we have with our clients.
We are skilled at guiding and representing clients in all aspects of their business operation including business entity formation planning, restructuring, negotiating a deal, performing due diligence, drafting and negotiation of all necessary documents.
- Corporate Documents: articles of incorporation, by-laws, operating agreements, etc.
- Drafting, Review and Negotiation of Contracts: non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, consulting agreements, employment agreements, severance agreements, releases, independent contractor agreements, etc.
- Business Buy & Sell: performing due diligence, Buy-Sell Agreement, Bill of Sale, financing documents, lease review and negotiation, etc.
- Asset Protection & Tax Mitigation Strategies: we work in joint effort with our accounting, tax, and financial firm partners to help you accomplish your business growth and wealth creation goals.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolutions